At Home Acne Remedy that Works!!
I found this post and thought I would share it all with you. In short, this person struggled with acne and hyperpigmentation/scarring and tried all kinds of products (including prescription). She one day stumbled upon a video on YouTube with a home-made acne remedy. The following recipe is what has changed this girl’s skin and life. Please link to the full post (below) to see incredible before and after pictures and the YouTube Video where she found this regimen.
Deedeeoho’s Olive Oil & Honey Mask
1) Mix ingredients in a tupperware container. This can be kept in the fridge for about a week.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Honey - as much as you like.
- Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoons (optional)
2) After removing any makeup (which olive oil is great for as well!) Use a cotton facial pad to soak up the mixture, and apply to your face. When using lemon juice, gently massage the areas where you have scars for 30 seconds to minute - BE GENTLE!
3) Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
4) Rinse, and wash with facial soap. I use an AHA based soap, and it works fantastically. Sometimes you have to wash twice.
I’m slightly allergic to citric acid, so I started with using the lemon juice 3 times a week. After 3 weeks I started doing plain honey and olive oil treatments in between the lemon juice ones, keeping two days in the week where I didn’t do a treatment at all.
This is what worked for me, and I love it because it is safe, natural and cheap. Often people with acne are afraid to apply oils to their skin, but depending on the oil it can really help (other oils to look up are jojoba oil, emu oil, etc.) The olive oil supplies nutrients to your skin, the honey works as an antibacterial, and the lemon juice is an astringent and skin lightener.